Meet new people, get involved in your community, learn important skill, and make a difference on the issues that matter.
Interns take on a leadership role within a campaign, and in many cases are able to receive course credit for their work.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Get Big Money Out of Politics
Work with student groups, faculty, and lawmakers to make sure students, not just large corporations and wealthy donors, have a voice when decisions are made.
Fight Poverty in Your Community
Organize weekly service trips and fundraisers for to a local poverty relief agency.
Make Sure the Food We Eat is Healthy and Safe
- Run petition and letter writting drives to get your Senator to support more and better public transportation.
- Host movie screenings and panel discussions to educate students about labelling GMOs.
Protect Students from Ripoffs from Textbooks Companies, Banks, and Landlords and Protect Student Aid
- Meet with faculty members about using open-source textbooks to save students thousands of dollars.
- Survey local banks and renters to make sure students aren't being ripped off.
- Host a campus-wide call in day to make sure your congressmen support affordable higher education.
Improve your public speaking and writing skills, and learn how to work with the media to get media coverage. Get experience speaking in front of groups and advocating a position one-on-one.
Learn the basics of running a campaign - recruiting a training volunteers, generating grassroots support (petitions, letters, calls), building coalitions, organizing large events, campaign strategy, and basic lobbying.
Learn how to run meetings, work with teams, plan large events, develop other leaders, mange volunteers, and manage your time.
- About Us
- Local Chapters
- Get Involved
Work on important issues, learn valuable skills, get hands-on experience, and make a difference.